New Zealand travel guide buy on Amazon
Glide through turquoise waters past pods of orcas in Bay of Islands; try black-water rafting in astonishing Waitomo Caves; watch the ground breathe steam in volcanic Rotorua; and hit the slopes in Queenstown and Wanaka – all with your trusted travel companion.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Auckland, Bay of Islands & Northland, Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula, Taupo & the Central Plateau, Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty, the East Coast, Wellington & Around, Marlborough & Nelson, the West Coast, Christchurch & Canterbury, Dunedin & Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka, Fiordland & Southland.
Join the Raven brothers on four epic overland adventures across the USA, Russia, Black Sea and South America!
by The Raven Brothers
Out of shape and unprepared, The Raven Brothers return to the road in a collection of ten quests to travel to their dream destinations against all odds! After two decades pioneering new routes across the globe, you would expect the authors of 'Driving the Trans-Siberian' to be hotshot explorers, with a sixth sense and an ability to survive in almost any situation. Think again! With virtually zero knowledge of the workings of the internal combustion engine and very limited skills of wilderness survival, Simon and Chris struggle into their hiking boots and power across three continents by river, tarmac and trail.
Venture to the top of Norway, cruise the road to Damascus, hike the Camino trail into Spain’s Wild West, row the Ganges, explore Frida Kahlo’s world in Mexico City, hangout with the dead in Sicily’s eerie catacombs, crawl deep inside Bolivia’s notorious silver mine, seek lions in Gujarat, wellness in Berlin and journey into the Naga Hills where tribal kings still rule.
Noted by Lonely Planet for their talent to portray an “accurate view of what to expect”, 'Hike, Drive, Stayin’ Alive!' signals a return to the duo writing “buttock clenching” travel comedy with the first in a series of candid stories of adventure by The Raven Brothers.