By The Raven Brothers
By The Raven Brothers
Central Asia - Uzbekistan (PDF Chapter)
The region’s cradle of culture for more than two millennia, Uzbekistan is the proud home to a spellbinding arsenal of architecture and ancient cities. In terms of sights alone, Uzbekistan is Central Asia’s biggest draw and most impressive showstopper.
- marvel at Central Asia’s most stunning ensemble of larger-than-life Timurid architectural gems, in Samarkand’s Registan
- wander the exquisitely preserved holy city of Bukhara, boasting stunning 15th-century medressas, stylish B&Bs and fascinating history
- look for the ghosts of the last independent Central Asian khanate in Khiva, frozen in time behind mud walls in the middle of the Kyzylkum desert
Coverage includes: Tashkent & Around, Chimgan Ugam-Chatkal National Park, Fergana Valley, Kokand, Fergana & Around, Andijon, Central Uzbekistan, Samarkand, Shakhrisabz, Termiz, Nurata, Bukhara, Khorezm, Urgench & Around, Khiva, Karakalpakstan, Nukus, Moynaq, Understand Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan Today, History, People, Religion, Arts, En-vironment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, When to Go, Visas & Permits, Itineraries, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Resources.
Jordan - Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway (PDF Chapter)
- hunker down in a bird hide in Azraq Wetland Reserve and watch the drama of a waterhole unfold
- go on safari in Shaumari Wildlife Reserve to spot Arabian oryx, slowly being reintroduced to the area after being hunted to extinction
- admire the risqué frescoes in the bathhouse at the Unesco World Heritage Site of Qusayr Amra
Coverage includes: Azraq & Around, Zarqa, Hallabat, Azraq, Qusayr Amra, Qasr Kharana, Eastern Desert Highway, Umm Al Jimal, Qasr Deir Al Kahf, Safawi, Burqu.
USA's National Parks travel guide
Click HERE to buy the Lonely Planet's USA's National Parks travel guide
Crane your neck at giant rock formations in Yosemite, test your nerves on the astounding Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park, watch the sunset over the Grand Canyon; all with your trusted travel companion.
USA's National Parks' Top 10
1. Yosemite Valley, Yosemite
2. Going-to-the-Sun Road, Glacier
3. Sunset, Grand Canyon
4. Snake River, Grand Teton
5. Rock Climbing, Joshua Tree
6. Longs Peak, Rocky Mountain
7. The Narrows, Zion
8. Wildlife Watching, Yellowstone
9. Sunrise, Cadillac Mountain, Acadia
10. Bryce Amphitheater, Bryce Canyon
Inside Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, wildlife, con-servation, ecology, landscapes, geology, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 103 colour maps
Coverage includes: California, Alaska & the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes & Great Plains, New England & the Mid-Atlantic, The South, The South-west, Florida, Hawaii, and more
Curator: Amy C Balfour
Writers: Loren Bell, Greg Benchwick, Jade Bremner, Jennifer Rasin Denniston, Michael Grosberg, Bradley Mayhew, Carolyn McCarthy, Christopher Pitts, Regis St Louis
Get to the heart of USA’s National Parks and begin your journey now!
Moon Los Angeles
This site contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these link.
Devon & Cornwall travel guide
Welcome to the wild, wild west – a land of gorse-clad cliffs, booming surf, white sand and epic, widescreen skies.
Discover botanical curiosities at Eden Project, roam the bleak heaths of Dartmoor, and add lashings of cream to your jam and scones.
Coverage Includes: Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Dartmoor National Park, Exmoor National Park, South West Coast Path, Isles of Sicily, Clovelly, Newquay, St Agnes, St Ives, The Lizard, Penzance and more
The Big Trip
So, you want to experience the ultimate overseas adventure?
Whether you’re a gap year student or young traveller, taking a sabbatical or career break, a parent or guardian wanting to travel with your children, or in retirement and looking for your next adventure – The Big Trip is for you.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Experience France you’ll travel through vibrant cities, rural villages, majestic mountains and swanky chateaux, discovering the secrets to French style, embarking on your own study of wines and cheeses and immersing yourself in history, art and all things la belle France.
There’s more to Edinburgh than sightseeing – there are top shops, world-class restaurants and a bacchanalia of bars to enjoy. This is a city of pub crawls and impromptu music sessions, late-night drinking, all-night parties and wandering home through cobbled streets at dawn.
Click HERE to buy the Scotland - Edinburgh
- take in the views from the battlements of Edinburgh Castle
- nose around the Queen’s private quarters on the Royal Yacht Britannia
- climb to the summit of the city’s miniature mountain, Arthur’s Seat
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Edinburgh.
by The Raven Brothers
Out of shape and unprepared, The Raven Brothers return to the road in a collection of ten quests to travel to their dream destinations against all odds! After two decades pioneering new routes across the globe, you would expect the authors of 'Driving the Trans-Siberian' to be hotshot explorers, with a sixth sense and an ability to survive in almost any situation. Think again! With virtually zero knowledge of the workings of the internal combustion engine and very limited skills of wilderness survival, Simon and Chris struggle into their hiking boots and power across three continents by river, tarmac and trail.
Venture to the top of Norway, cruise the road to Damascus, hike the Camino trail into Spain’s Wild West, row the Ganges, explore Frida Kahlo’s world in Mexico City, hangout with the dead in Sicily’s eerie catacombs, crawl deep inside Bolivia’s notorious silver mine, seek lions in Gujarat, wellness in Berlin and journey into the Naga Hills where tribal kings still rule.
Noted by Lonely Planet for their talent to portray an “accurate view of what to expect”, 'Hike, Drive, Stayin’ Alive!' signals a return to the duo writing “buttock clenching” travel comedy with the first in a series of candid stories of adventure by The Raven Brothers.
Great Britain's Best Trips
Whether you want to wind along roads surrounded by majestic mountains in the Scotland’s Royal Highlands & Cairngorms or discover a rich heritage full of nautical, archaeological and architectural sights in England’s historic south, we’ve got the trip for you.
Covers: England, Scotland, Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, Bath, Edinburgh, Stonehenge, Welsh Mountains, Cambridge, Oxford, the northern wilderness, Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and more
The clue’s in the name. Great Britain packs so much greatness into its pint-sized shores: crumbling castles, soaring cathedrals, quaint villages, timeless landscapes and history galore. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Great Britain, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Click HERE to buy the Lonely Planet Great Britain travel guide
Lonely Planet writer Oliver Berry tells us why he loves Great Britain. "As a born-and-bred Brit, I've travelled more times along Britain's footpaths, back lanes, byways and bridleways than anywhere on earth - and yet, somehow, every time I set out, I always seem to find something unexpected. Sometimes it's a beach I've never strolled on before, a view I've never photographed, or a hill I've never climbed; occasionally it's a museum I've not visited, a castle I've not explored, or a legend I've not heard. More often than not, it's a pub where I've never drunk a pint. I've been exploring this island for half a lifetime, and I've still only discovered a fraction of the experiences it has to offer."
Great Britain Top 10
4. Isle of Skye
5. England Coast Path
6. The Cotswolds
7. Tower of London
9. The Lake District
10. Hadrian's Wall