Squeaky-soft sand, translucent waters, tropical marine life: Thailand dazzles at first sight. Scratch beneath the surface, and it just gets better. Beyond the big-name resorts, discover Ko Kood's wild, unsullied beauty, go diving in remote Ko Tao, snorkel the Similan islands or head off-grid in the Ang Thong archipelago. Just inland, you'll find vibrant markets, day-fresh seafood and historic temples. Whether you want a desert-island hideaway or an island-hopping adventure, this Rough Guide has it all.
Click HERE to buy the Rough Guide to Thailand's Beaches and Islands
Discover Thailand's tropical coastline with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to feast on fresh seafood in Krabi or island-hop from Phuket to Ko Tarutao, The Rough Guide to Thailand's Beaches & Islands will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
Thailand's Beaches and Islands' Top 10
1. Diving Snorkelling
2. Night Markets
4. Ang Thong National Marine Park
7. Full Moon Party at Hat Rin, Ko Pha Ngan
8. Ko Tao
Inside The Rough Guide Thailand's Beaches and Islands:
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate Bangkok's sprawling streets or Phetchaburi's temple-filled town without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and experiences along Thailand's coastline and on its many islands.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
- Areas covered include [10-15 areas] : Bangkok; Ko Kood; Phetchaburi; Ko Samui; Ko Pha Ngan; Ko Tao; Ko Similan; Ko Phi Phi; Krabi's Railay peninsula;Phuket; Ko Lanta; Ko Jum; Ko Yao Noi; Ko Chang; Ko Tarutao.
- Attractions include [5-10 attractions]: Wat Pho, Ang Thong National Marine Park, AoPhang Nga National Park, The Grand Palace, Ko Tarutao National Marine Park, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Khao Sok National Park, Emerald Cave.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, and more. Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, religion, recommended books, language and glossary.
Authors: Paul Gray, Marco Ferrarese
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Thailand's Beaches & Islands
by The Raven Brothers
Out of shape and unprepared, The Raven Brothers return to the road in a collection of ten quests to travel to their dream destinations against all odds! After two decades pioneering new routes across the globe, you would expect the authors of 'Driving the Trans-Siberian' to be hotshot explorers, with a sixth sense and an ability to survive in almost any situation. Think again! With virtually zero knowledge of the workings of the internal combustion engine and very limited skills of wilderness survival, Simon and Chris struggle into their hiking boots and power across three continents by river, tarmac and trail.
Venture to the top of Norway, cruise the road to Damascus, hike the Camino trail into Spain’s Wild West, row the Ganges, explore Frida Kahlo’s world in Mexico City, hangout with the dead in Sicily’s eerie catacombs, crawl deep inside Bolivia’s notorious silver mine, seek lions in Gujarat, wellness in Berlin and journey into the Naga Hills where tribal kings still rule.
Noted by Lonely Planet for their talent to portray an “accurate view of what to expect”, 'Hike, Drive, Stayin’ Alive!' signals a return to the duo writing “buttock clenching” travel comedy with the first in a series of candid stories of adventure by The Raven Brothers.