Lonely Planet's Best Day Walks Australia is your passport to 60 escapes into nature. Stretch your legs outside the city by picking a hike that works for you, from a few hours to a full day, from easy to hard. Stroll verdant hillsides, discover hidden coastlines, or explore the Outback.
Top 10 Day Walks
1. Cape Hauy, Tasmania's Highlands & Coastlines
2. Kings Canyon Rim, The Outback
3. Mitchell Falls, The Kimberley & Pilbara
4. Cape Byron, Byron Bay to the Sunshine Coast
5. Wonderland Loop, Grampians to the High Country
6. Carnarvon Gorge, The Daintree & the Far North
7. Wattamolla to Otford, Sydney & Around
8. Lorne Forests Waterfalls, The Prom to the Great Ocean Road
9. Mt Remarkable Summit, Flinders to Fleurieu
10. Bald Head, Southwest Forests to the sea
Inside Lonely Planet's Best Day Walks Australia Travel Guide:
Colour maps and images throughout
Special features - on Australia's highlights for walkers, kid-friendly walks, accessible trails and what to take
Best for… section helps you plan your trip and select walks that appeal to your interests
Region profiles cover when to go, where to stay, what's on, cultural insights, and local food and drink recommendations to refuel and refresh. Featured regions include:
Sydney & Around, Byron Bay to the Sunshine Coast, The Daintree & the Far North, the Outback, The Kimberley & Pilbara, Southwest Forests to the Sea, Flinders to Fleurieu, Grampians to the High Country, the Prom to the Great Ocean Road, and Tasmania
Essential info at your fingertips - walk itineraries accompanied by illustrative maps are combined with details about walk duration, distance, terrain, start/end locations and difficulty (classified as easy, easy-moderate, moderate, moderate-hard, or hard)
Over 70 maps
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best Day Walks Australia, our most comprehensive guide to walking in Australia, is perfect for those planning to explore Australia on foot.
Anna Kaminski (author), Monique Perrin (author), Charles Rawlings-Way (author), Steve Waters (author), Glenn Van der Knijff (author)
Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!