Click HERE to buy the Lonely Planet Best of Spain travel guide
Spain's Top 10
3. Costa Brava
5. Andalucian Hill Towns
9. Basque Country
10. Northwest Coast
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Spain:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food, wine, sport, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Barcelona map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you explore
Coverage Includes: Madrid, Barcelona, Costa Brava, Granada, Andalucia’s Hill Towns, Seville, Cordoba, Salamanca, Basque Country, La Rioja, the Pyrenees and more
Curator: Anthony Ham
Writers: Gregor Clark, Sally Davies, Duncan Garwood, Catherine Le Nevez, Isabella Noble, John Noble, Brendan Sainsbury, Regis St Louis, Andy Symington
by The Raven Brothers
Out of shape and unprepared, The Raven Brothers return to the road in a collection of ten quests to travel to their dream destinations against all odds! After two decades pioneering new routes across the globe, you would expect the authors of 'Driving the Trans-Siberian' to be hotshot explorers, with a sixth sense and an ability to survive in almost any situation. Think again! With virtually zero knowledge of the workings of the internal combustion engine and very limited skills of wilderness survival, Simon and Chris struggle into their hiking boots and power across three continents by river, tarmac and trail.
Venture to the top of Norway, cruise the road to Damascus, hike the Camino trail into Spain’s Wild West, row the Ganges, explore Frida Kahlo’s world in Mexico City, hangout with the dead in Sicily’s eerie catacombs, crawl deep inside Bolivia’s notorious silver mine, seek lions in Gujarat, wellness in Berlin and journey into the Naga Hills where tribal kings still rule.
Noted by Lonely Planet for their talent to portray an “accurate view of what to expect”, 'Hike, Drive, Stayin’ Alive!' signals a return to the duo writing “buttock clenching” travel comedy with the first in a series of candid stories of adventure by The Raven Brothers.